The City of South Haven provides electric, water and sewer services to residents of South Haven and the surrounding communities.
Utility payments may be paid by mail; through the automatic bill payment plan; or at City Hall, either in person at Customer Service or via after-hours dropbox.
South Haven Customer Service is located at City Hall, located at 539 Phoenix Street. Map
Customer Service hours are from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday (except holidays).
After-Hours dropboxes are located at the parking lot exit on Quaker Street (behind city hall) and next to the front door of City Hall on Phoenix Street.
The current electric, water, and sewer rates can be found in the Code of Ordinances - Chapter 86, Sections 86-36, 86-71. 86-72, 86-171, and 86-172.
New utility customers are required to complete a Personal Information form. In addition, new customers are required to set up payments through the automatic bill payment plan, provide a credit reference from their previous utility company or pay a utility deposit.
Customer Service is able to provide the following:
• Turn-on and shut-off information for electric, water and sewer utilities, including required deposits for utility turn-on.
• Current balances and billing information for electric, water and sewer utilities
• Utility billing history
• Information regarding direct debits to bank accounts for utility billings.
The following payments are accepted at Customer Service:
• Utility bills
• Special utility billing services
• Real and personal property taxes
• Special assessments
• Payments for building permits
• Code enforcement fines
• Miscellaneous City invoices
• Parking fines
• Beach parking fines
• Beach parking passes